Saturday 31 March 2012


Since I am going to be spending a good deal of time in The Gambia, several friends have suggested that writing a blog would be interesting.

I hope it will be a useful way for friends and family to keep track of what I'm doing in The Gambia, but I will also try to include some more general information about life here, to give you some insight into the culture. Hopefully it will be a mix of some 'diary-style' entries, and other entries. Feel free to pick and choose what you read!

If you are not sure exactly what my plans are, well neither am I! At the moment I am in the Gambia until the end of April, then I am returning to the UK as I have a role volunteering at the London Olympics, so I need to attend training and work at a test event. After the Olympics I will be returning to The Gambia, helping my husband Lamin run his tourist camp (if you want to know more about the camp, visit www.balabacamp.co.uk for more details), and possibly working with the VSO. However, everything is very flexible, so it's hard to predict how things will turn out!

I hope you enjoy reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment